In All Metal Kansa Is Hardest Metal – How Craftsperson Make Kansa ? ?
We are a family of artisans who are producing these traditional Bell Metal products as well as sustaining this rare art since last five generations.
- We located in Gujarat.
- The process of making starts with making metal ingots with 78-80 % copper and 22-20 % tin mixture.
- The ingot is then repeatedly heated and beaten by a group of artisans to specific shapes.
- The finer finishing is done using lighter hammers and then a coating of salt and clay applied to firm up the metal.
- Once cooled, the bronze ware is worked with fine hammers and lathe work to give the shine and finish.
- It takes 23 operations to make one bronze ware
- This highly skilled craft takes years of training and working in extreme temperatures.
- The artisans generally start work early in the morning around 3 am and finish before noon as it becomes impossible to work in extreme heat beyond that!
According to Ayurveda, Kansya ( कांस्य in Hindi) is the best metal to use as a vessel. Bronze / Kansa utensils has been used for centuries for it’s great properties.
Buy Bronze/Kansa Dinner Set/Kansa Baby Set Handmade Original Product Online At Kansawalas.com